Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Happy Days - The Musical

So, it's time for my Dallas Summer Musicals season to begin! I'm so excited! As you know, last year I had season tickets by myself; but I had many friends that came for many shows, so I wasn't alone much. Plus, I made friends with Roland and Sylvia and the Gay Commentary Duo, so it really wasn't like I was alone.

This year, my friend D is joining me for the season. Last summer, she was in the middle of finishing grad school and planning her wedding, so she wasn't able to do it. But I am excited to have a partner to do this with.

Even though it's the last week of school and we are exhausted, we are excited to go to Fair Park. We decide that we'll stop at Snookie's on the Tollway for a quick bite before we head downtown. After some chips and queso, we are ready to head south.

We get there, park, get in and get seated. I'm hoping to see Roland and Sylvia and the Gay Commentary Duo. However, another couple is seated next to me. I'm confused. Where are my friends? Have I pissed them off? Did they switch nights? Or did they just ditch this particular show? I'm hoping I'll see them at the next musical.

The show was okay. It was not my favorite show, the music was good, but the story was kind of lame. Fonzie sounded like John Travolta. The highlight was that Arnold was played by Barry Pearl. Do you know who Barry Pearl is? He was Doody (Frenchie's boyfriend) in Grease! That was cool!

Our next show is the Wizard of Oz on June 16th. I'm hoping that my friends will be there, but if not, D and I will have a blast!!

Let the Dallas Summer Musicals season begin!!

No comments: