Saturday, January 22, 2011

The Last Time I Saw You by Elizabeth Berg

My commitment to read more in 2010 is going strong as I've finished five books so far this year. I'm really making time each night to read and it's been enjoyable.

This book is a character study of five different characters as they prepare for their 40th high school reunion. Candy is the hoochie girl with the unhappy marriage and a secret. Lester is the nerdy vet with a big heart. Mary Ann was the outcast who just wanted a friend and to be accepted. Pete learns that just because he was the big jock in high school, it doesn't matter now. And Dorothy is going to the reunion with one thing on her mind - what happens when she doesn't get what she wants?

Berg does a good job of creating the characters and it is interesting to see how they interact and how the reunion changes them. This was a good book, I gave it three stars because I liked it. It wasn't the best book I read, but it was enjoyable.

Mo's Review:
"The Last Time I Saw You" by Elizabeth Berg (2010, 241 pages): 3 out of 5 Stars

No comments: