Saturday, January 8, 2011

Magic Hour by Kristin Hannah

One of my new favorite authors is Kristin Hannah. I love her books!! Several of them I have read in one day, the only reason this one took me a few days was that I had a busy jam packed couple of days.

This book is the story of Julia Cates, a psychiatrist who has been publically humiliated following the actions of one of her clients. She heads home to Rain Valley and her sister, Ellie, the chief of police. One day Ellie gets called to town to find a feral child in the trees, clutching a wolf puppy.

Will Julia be able to help this child? Are the sisters able to reconnect and understand each other? And what happens when the child's history is revealed?

This was a great book, very interesting. The description and dialogue is engaging and you are dying to know what happens to all of the characters.

If you are looking for a good book to curl up on the couch with a cup of hot chocolate and your Snuggie, this is the book!

Mo's Review:
"Magic Hour" by Kristin Hannah (2006, 391 pages): 5 out of 5 Stars

1 comment:

Luxembourg said...

Magic Hour is by far her best. The topic, the characters, the story lines make the book her best by far. I suggest, Kristin, that you think seriously about a sequel. It has great potential. When I finished the book, I could not begin reading another. I had to continue living with the characters of Magic Hour for just a little while longer.