Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy Birthday, America!!

Happy 232nd Birthday, America!!


And I'm complaining about being 38? sheesh!

This is also a good day because it's my first official day of summer vacation. I have exactly 24 days off to do with what I want - and hopefully that isn't work! I see some reading, sleeping, shopping, scrapbooking in my immediate future (not to mention cleaning, but that doesn't sound near as fun!).

So what will I do today to celebrate the 4th? I don't know - I have no plans! I got to see fireworks last night, so I'm good there. I'm sure I can find something to do, but honestly, the idea of just chilling around the casa sounds soo good.... no where to go, nothing to do......

But whatever I do, I'm going to celebrate with great elan!! (<-- new word I learned the other day - thanks, Red Hats!)

While I'm a little scared about the future of our country (see yesterday's post), I'm proud to be an American. God Bless America!!

No comments: