Sunday, July 27, 2008

Summer 2008 comes to a close!!

Well, today is my last day of summer 2008. Starting tomorrow, I'm back at work, enjoying the challenges of my new job. My three weeks off have gone by fast, too fast if you ask me (but I think it goes by too fast no matter how much time you have off)!!

So how will I end my summer? By rocking it to the hot tunes of yesteryear by going to the Journey, Heart, and Cheap Trick concert tonight at the Superpages.com Center (formerly the Smirnoff Amphitheatre, formerly the Coca-Cola Starplex). It's gonna be so much fun. My compadres in crime are Jenice (we rocked it to Van Halen together in April), Kim, Cathy, Heidi, Becca, and Erika. Domenica couldn't make it - I know she's sad even though she's with family in California.

The only down side to this adventure is the HEAT. It'll be 102 when we get there, and hopefully will cool down to a balmy 93. I don't care if I sweat like a pig (hey, I might lose a pound or two), I'm gonna have a blast.

Time out for a quick prayer:

Dear God, It's me, Mo. You know who I am, right? The single gal with skin cancer on my scalp and a penchance for Girl Scout Cookies? The one that's living life with verve, humor, and elan? The one who can't always make it to church on Sunday mornings because I'm watching "I Love Money?" Yes, it's me - THAT Mo. It's my last day of summer. At our concert tonight, please let Nancy do kicks like in the glory days of '83. Please let me hear Journey's "Lights," Heart's "Magic Man" and "Never," and Cheap Trick's "I Want You to Want Me." I've been a good girl (trying at least) and I'll keep doing so. Thank you. God Bless Yourself. PS - Tell Jesus "hi!"

Mo out. Rock!!

No comments: