Monday, July 28, 2008

We Rocked It Like It Was 1984!!

Okay, sorry it took me so long to get all of this up here. It's been a crazy first week back to work. Soooo....... here we go!!

The girls and I met at Snookie's for some burgers and pre-concert talk. It was a lot of fun to catch up with them - most hadn't seen each other since school got out back in June. Then we head down to Fair Park. You could not believe the heat - the car said it was 112 outside!!! It was soooo hot!!!!The traffic as we got close to the venue was crazy. The concert was sold out and parking was going to be a nightmare. We used my phone GPS which took us the more popular route and had us literally parked on I-30. Jenice - smart girl - took us down a couple of exits and we came in the back way. Gotta love that back door action!!

We realize as we park and hike inside that we are going to miss Cheap Trick - this is an acceptable loss to me. I'm really here for Heart and Journey action!! We met up and get okay seats on the lawn off to the side - we can see the stage (good!), but we are by the walkway area (bad!!).......... Did I mention how hot it was?

Here's Erika (intently enjoying music), Jenice & Becca. Can you believe these pics are from my BlackBerry? Not bad.............

As we get our beer, get seated and settled, we have a great view of the stage. Once Cheap Trick leaves and Heart begins, this quickly becomes our view:
Butts..... lots of them. People stand and lean against the railing in front of us so we can't see. So we get a lot of free ass with our $28 admittance. The people were interesting - this guy and his two hippie friends, the girls who were too old to wear short shorts but wore them anyways, and Suspender Susie. Suspender Susie had an interesting ensemble: jean shorts (aka jorts), white tank top, and green suspenders. She was a little on the chubby side, so this look wasn't fabulous. But really the suspenders gave her something a little extra. She really should have wore them backwards, like a Cross Your Heart Suspenders. I have the picture on my phone and if I can get it online, I will post the look for your entertainment. There were all kinds of people there - all different ages - I was surprised by the number of young people. Did I mention the beer selling guy kept running over our toes?
This is the stage when Heart arrives. Do they play the songs I want to hear? YES! Do I see Nancy kick? YES - several low kicks and then one big kick towards the end. Kim is my witness that she nailed a good kick. And Ann? Boy can the sister belt it out!! My only complaint with Heart is that they only played 45 minutes. That was unacceptable - I could have listened to them for a lot longer!!!

Once Heart finishes, there is a break before Journey starts. It's sooo hot - I lay down on my blanket and splash with some water......
And here comes Journey!! The new lead singer was awesome!! It sounded just like Journey - I couldn't believe it!! He had a lot of energy, running around the stage, jumping up and down and doing some mild kicking. It was funny because the other three who are much older - they seemed to be a little bit more stationary.
Did they sing my songs? YES!! I loved for several of the songs the whole audience sang out loud together. It was fun!! They played new stuff and we'd yell for old stuff and then we'd get some. It was soo great!!
When it was time to go, we went out the wrong door and had to walk all the way around to our car, then we had to walk all the way to the far end of the parking lot to the car. We spent another 20 minutes just trying to get out of the parking lot. What a nightmare!! I was the first person dropped off and I didn't get home until like 12:45 AM. Needless to say, Monday morning was a bit on the rough side!!
I hope it was worth waiting for the post - it was worth reliving a week later!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

love the new colors....so mary kay massive head wound harry is bad....never saw it before glad you are getting the consult tomorrow...let me know love the diva

Anonymous said...

I love your site! I even had to look up the definition of elan on dictionary.com - so I am way impressed! You sure know how to rock it to the metal bands! Next thing you know - Iron Maiden groupie! Thanks for sharing your world.
Love, Chin-Hair