Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Jersey Boys - An Enthusiastic Five Stars!!

Back at the Dallas Summer Musicals tonight after a month hiatus. I can say without a doubt that this was the absolute best musical I have seen this season!! I LOVED IT!! The singing was absolutely amazing - their voices and harmonies were incredible. D and I both think that this was equal to Broadway quality without a doubt.

D and I went together tonight - we got there early and ate at the buffet at the Music Hall. Lots of yummy food - I think we both overdid it a bit.

She was sitting a few rows back and we got her to sit in the row behind with the gay guys. You know this is a good musical when the gay guys don't even have time to make comments because they are so involved in the musical.

Roland and Sylvia loved this also. There were MANY f-bombs (I mean, this did take place in Jersey), so people with more delicate sensibilities may not enjoy it, but as a die-hard Soprano fan - this was right up my alley.

I'm telling you that I'll be calling tomorrow and if I can get tickets again before the show ends, I will go see it again. I already own the soundtrack and have been listening to it, but I can tell you it will be in a much heavier rotation in the car and at work.

I'm a little sad, I only have one more show at the musicals, The Color Purple, in October. I'm anxious to see what shows will happen next season and I can tell you that I will be renewing my tickets again! This has been a great experience!

No comments: