Friday, August 15, 2008

"It's the only number I knew!"

I worked until 2:30 AM last night. By myself. I came home and crashed and have just now woken up and am about to jump into the shower and head back for more work. I hate this time of year when you work in a school!!

Yesterday, I'm meeting with my co-worker Misty to talk about some things. She's got two little boys and is pregnant with her third - we are all thinking pink for her! So Misty and I are talking..... and Vanessa brings her son (age 6, about to start kinder) into my office. Vanessa tells us that he was on the phone with 911. We think Vanessa is joking, but realize pretty quick that she isn't.

So I take the naughty one into her office to talk to him. Our conversation goes a little something like this:

Mo: Why did you call 911?
Naughty One (aka NO): I don't remember.
Mo: I don't believe that, you are 6. Try again.
NO: I wanted to talk to my mother.
Mo: Your mother was next door. Why did you call 911?
NO: I wanted to see if the phone works.
Mo: OK, so you picked up the phone, heard the dial tone and then dialed the number? Why 911?
NO: (looking at me like I'm stupid) It's the only number I knew!

Well, hell...... he wanted to check out the phone and he only knows one number! Misty has been directed to teach him another number.... QUICK!

I had to laugh!! I mean, I was having a horrible day and that just was funny! You have to love what comes out of the mouth of babes!

No comments: