Friday, September 26, 2008

Should I go to my 20th High School Reunion?

My 20th High School Reunion is 3 weeks from tonight. I'm not sure that I want to go. I'm really wrestling with the idea of attending.

If you've noticed my poll to the right of this post, please vote if you haven't done so. Vote even if you don't know me. I'm curious as to what people think.

Why am I hesitant? Well..... I've changed a lot since high school, some for the better, and some maybe not. Girls (I went to an all-girls school) can be so judgemental and harsh... and while we aren't girls anymore, I just don't know if I'm ready for that were it to happen. While I feel like I'm an accomplished person, I'm not married and childless and to some people..... that I'm missing those things....... makes everything else insignificant.

So I'll go ahead and pay my $40 for the Friday night event and take it from there.

If you've had your 20th, did you go? What did you think? What advice would you give me?

I have 21 days to figure this out....... and I don't want to regret the choice I make...... so talk to me!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should go and if it sucks, simply leave!

Anonymous said...

I think you should go! Who cares what they think about how you have changed. I love visiting with you and wish I could do it more often. I know I cracked up visiting with you in Austin while we slaved away at TEPSA

Huffman