Sunday, September 28, 2008

Dallas Summer Musicals List for 2009 Revealed!

I was anxious to get my Sunday paper today because today is the day they were going to reveal the shows for next season's Dallas Summer Musicals. As many of you know, this is my first season to be a season ticket holder and I have really enjoyed it!! I got season tickets by myself because none of my friends would commit to the whole season, but I have had a blast getting to know the people in my section and I have loved almost every single show!! A couple of friends have expressed interest in going in for tickets this upcoming season, but I've decided that I'm renewing tickets whether or not they choose to join me.

So here they are:

1. Tarzan (March 17-29) - not really sure about this one
2. Happy Days The Musical (May 26-June 7) - again, not really sure about this one, but I liked the show and the music should be good, right?
3. Wizard of Oz (June9-21) - I'm kind of excited about this one, I love the movie, so I'm hoping that I'll love the musical too
4. Chitty Chitty Bang Bang (June 23-July 5) - this may be my "Ring of Fire" musical - no interest in seeing it at all
5. A Chorus Line (July 7-19) - I'm soo there!!
6. Legally Blonde (July 21-August 2) - this is the musical I've been waiting to see!
7. Mary Poppins (September 24-October 18) - I'd really like to see this one too......

In addition - they have some special shows:
1. Rent (May 5-10) - YES!! Two of the original Broadway/movie actors (Anthony Rapp/Adam Pascal) will be in this tour - I'm soo there!
2. Fiddler on the Roof (May 19-24) - not too interested in

As I was talking with my aunt this AM, I agreed with her and my cousin's philosophy: You usually have a strong season followed by not such a strong season, then it rebounds. I'm hoping that the season we are just finishing is a strong season (and I think it is), that next season is a weaker season (which I think it is) and that means that the following season will be awesome!!

Here's to another year with Roland & Sylvia and the Gay Commentary Couple!! WOO HOO!! :)

No comments: