Thursday, October 23, 2008

Am I old, am I stressed out, or am I an idiot?

Have you ever turned your head too fast and pulled your neck muscle? It hurts, right? But after a few days, it goes away.

I did this on Tuesday. It hurt bad. I had my receptionist give me a massage, which usually works. Yesterday I was in pain. It hurt to turn my neck at all. Vanessa gave me another massage, and Christine shared with me her neck roll thingy that you can heat up. It did feel better after all of that.

I had a hard time sleeping last night - every time I moved, I woke up in pain. I took some Percocet and was able to sleep through the night. Amen!!

When I woke up this AM, I couldn't move my head AT ALL. The pain was unbearable. I thought it was because it was stiff and would loosen up as I showered and got ready. Well, I never got that far because then I had some vomiting and gastrointestinal issues.

Yuck......

Went to the doctor and I have a Grade II muscle pull? I'm on anti-inflammatories and have to ice it 15 minutes of every hour.

When the doctor asked me what happened, I was like, "Hell if I know.... I just turned my head."

He gave me a look like I'm an idiot......

But I'm also getting older........

And I've been under a lot of stress at work.......

No comments: