Thursday, October 9, 2008

Politics, anyone?

I received an e-mail from a reader of my blog asking why I never tackle politics in my blog. Great question!

I find it hard to discuss politics when frankly I'm just so freakin' frustrated with the entire thing.

Okay, you've got the Democrats: Barack Obama and Joe Biden. Barack doesn't really have much experience and Joe Biden is cocky.

On the Republican side: John McCain and Sarah Palin. John has lots of experience and Sarah's got a big mouth.

I'm really mad about Sarah Palin. I really wanted to like her. I was excited to see a woman run for Vice President. I wanted her to be smart and articulate, witty and funny, someone that a woman like me could look up to. Well, that really hasn't happened. At all.

But I hate that people rail on her because she has kids and was a PTA mother. All of these people who are bitching about it, who raised you? Your mother! Why can't a mom have a career and a family? I mean, how 1950's are we? Let the gay men run and don't judge..... let the black men run and don't judge...... but god forbid a mother runs....... (Ed.'s note: Yes, this is the same person who wrote the blog entry "Happy Hour.... with Children." Like I said, I don't want/have kids... and don't judge me for it.... and I won't judge you for having 'em.)

Is our country in a bad place? Yes.
Do we need new leadership? Yes.
Is Iraq a mess? Yes.
Is our economy &*$%%#* up? Yes.

Who will I vote for? I don't know. I'm about as inspired to vote as I was in 1988 in the Bush/Dukakis campaign. Neither side does it for me.

Is it bad that I get most of my political information from Tina Fey, Amy Poehler, Jason Sudeikis, and Will Forte?



Don't forget to vote on November 4!!

1 comment:

unt grad said...

I totally understand. I had a friend drop off Caroline the other day and when she saw the Obama sign in my yard said, "Wow! That surprises me." Now mainly, I put the sign up in my yard to piss off some of my neighbors. But I had this discussion with my sixth graders this year and basically what it boils down to is you pick the lesser of the two evils. I wanted to like Sarah but after hearing that her husband is mentioned in the investigative report as being "very involved" during her governorship that changed. So now the deciding factor is, "If for some reason the vice-president had to take over who would I want: the cocky fart or the one who'd "share" the job with her husband?" I'll take the cocky fart.

Jdhteach's wife