Sunday, October 12, 2008

Three posts in one day..... I either must be bored or avoiding work!!

Yesterday D and I went and saw "Nights in Rodanthe," the new Nicholas Sparks movie. Don't keep reading if: a) you want to see this movie (spoiler alert!!) or b) you aren't in the mood to listen to bitching.

This is a typical Nicholas Sparks movie with all of the appropriate elements:

1. Takes place in North Carolina
2. Someone has died, is dying, or dies dead during the film
3. People fall in love
4. Shit happens that keeps them from being in love (ie. death, mentioned above)
5. Women in the theatre cry at this crap

Now, I've seen several of his films (The Notebook (liked it, loved the book), A Walk to Remember (liked it, loved the book), Message in a Bottle (hated the movie, never read the book) and I can predict them like noone's business.

I knew when Richard Gere didn't show up at Diane Lane's house for dinner, there was some big shit going down..........

I'm not a crier. I was raised that crying is for the weak. I'm not weak.... I am woman, hear me roar!! I cried when I READ The Notebook and A Walk to Remember, but not when I saw the movies. (Ed.'s note: I think crying when reading a book is much more impactful than crying at a movie. This is my opinion.)

I'll be damned if I didn't cry when Richard didn't show up for dinner.....

And all I could think of was, "DAMN YOU, Nicholas Sparks!!! When will you be making "The Wedding" into a movie?"

No comments: