Saturday, October 18, 2008

My 20th High School Reunion

Well, it's over.... and I'm kinda sad about it!! The funny thing is I spent all of this time worrying about tonight and seeing everyone, how it would feel...... and it was silly! I had a total blast!!

I went to HH after work and had a few margaritas - then I spent too much time talking and had to rush home, hurry getting ready, and get out of the door fast! I hightailed it down the Tollway to Wycliff, where I was meeting Brooke.

She was 20 minutes late! That didn't really bother me, but the more I sat there, the more nervous I became...... would people remember me? would they talk to me? would I feel left out and stupid?

Brooke arrived and we headed over to Mattito's. As soon as we walked it, it was like time had almost not passed. Everyone looked pretty much the same and it was fun catching up with people. A few glasses of wine and 3 hours later, I felt like I had seen everyone I wanted to see and almost everyone there. We missed a few friends who didn't show up, but we had a decent turnout. The local girls talked about meeting a couple of times a year for brunch or happy hour just to stay in touch.

Tomorrow during the day is the picnic (no hubby or kids for that) and the tours of the school. I am kind of interested to see the new Ursuline - I know it has changed a LOT since I was there 20+ years ago.

Tomorrow night is the party with Jesuit at Jesuit. While I do want to go, I also want to go to the Lake Highlands shindig so I can catch up with all of those old friends.... what to do?

I'm so glad I went tonight.... I knew I would be!! UA Class of '88 RULES!! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Blogging is not like crack, zoey is on crack so I live with crack every day....I know crack!!!!

Love the blog, read The Shack I want to see it on your list of books.....can't wait for the Bettylocity Saturday extravaganza...wear your pearls. love ya b.

Leon said...

'83 is soooo much better