Thursday, April 15, 2010

All this for a rash?!?!?!!?

I've had a rash for the last couple of weeks, it comes and goes. So finally I decide that I'm going to the doctor to have it checked out. (Ed.'s Note: I didn't think people over the age of 3 developed rashes. News flash - we do!! I'm telling you, the closer I get to 40.... don't kick the tires, something may fall off!!!) So I leave school a bit early and head for the dermatologist.

It's a fungal rash. Ewwww.... gross!! She gives me some medicine for the fungal infection (that just sounds gross) and then a pill for when the itching bothers me. (She also biopsies a spot on my forehead.... please, please, please..... no skin cancer for me!!)

I'm in and out in 20 minutes, so I head to Kroger to fill my prescriptions. I catch up on the latest "In Touch" while I'm waiting. (In case you are curious: Jen & Brad are getting back together, Kim Kardashian is "hand that rocks the cradle"-ing her sister Kourtney's baby, and Gwen Stefani's kids looked like normal kids for Easter.) I get my meds and some Smart Ones and head home.

I have this peculiar habit of checking my meds online. Don't ask me why, I guess it's the OCD in me?!?! So my drug for the fungal infection, I look it up and it states that it is used "for fungal infections in people with severely compromised immune systems, like those with AIDS." Uh, okay..... I don't have AIDS. Right? I don't, I'm pretty sure. I haven't been sick in a while, so how can that be? Maybe she's just given me a really strong drug to knock it, so I should be happy.

Then I look up my medicine to help me not itch. It states that the drug is used "for the short-term treatment of nervousness and tension that may occur with certain mental/mood disorders, such as anxiety and dementia." Dementia, seriously? I check the prescription to make sure I got this from the dermatologist, not my therapist. So dementia and allergic itching are related? Well, call me demented and lock me up!!!!

Let's just pray that I'm a rash-free, non-tense, non-anxious, dementia-free girl come tomorrow. If not, I'm afraid I'm one step away from the commitment hearing!!! (crazy psycho laugh inserted here.... bwwwwahahahahahaahahaha!!!!)

No comments: