Tuesday, April 27, 2010

It's Skin Cancer...... AGAIN!!

I swear, it's less than 60 days until I turn 40 and things are just starting to fall off of me.

My biopsy I had a couple of weeks ago when I went to deal with my fungal skin infection (which I'm still dealing with.... which is pissing me off because it's costing me $$ and nothing is happening and I know people are looking at me like I'm some kind of freak of nature!) came back as nodular basal cell skin cancer. My PA also adds that they can "spit seeds" (Ed.'s note: Are we talking skin cancer or watermelon?) and that she notices a few other very tiny spots that they may want to cut out while I'm being worked on. It may make me require a plastic surgeon, but I shouldn't worry because I wear bangs, so no one will really now that I have a freaky scar under there.

Now, if you have to have cancer, skin cancer (excluding melanoma) is really the way to go. It's cut out, you go on with your life. It could be so much worse. It's truly more of a pain in the butt than anything.

So I go for my consult on Wednesday to see what the doctors say about having it. I'd like to wait until June, but that may not be an option. So there's another $600-$1000 that I hadn't budgeted for - bye, bye summer road trip!! :(

I've said it before and I'll say it again..... USE SUNSCREEN!! DON'T PAY HOMAGE TO THE SUN GODS!! Tan is no plan, but pasty is tasty!!! (WTF????)

No comments: