Thursday, April 29, 2010

The Benefits of Blogging

I've been blogging for almost 2.5 years and I enjoy it. I have a little following that likes to read and I get comments now again (though I get more comments face to face than I ever get on here!).

I've had some distinct advantages to have a blog:

1. I wrote about a book I read by the author Katherine Center. Since then, I've gotten to see her in person, read her two other books (LOVED THEM!) and have become her Facebook friend. I've learned a lot about the writing process from her and I hope that maybe it will give me the courage to pursue my dream to write a book of my own.

2. I blogged about my excitement (7 weeks from today I will be there!!) about going to NYC for my 40th B-Day girls trip! I can't wait to do the Sex and the City tour, so I blogged about it. They read and my group got a 20% discount code for our tix. I'm still bummed that they wouldn't swing for the $30 b-day chest in trade for me to blog about how awesome the tour is after I've done it.

3. You've read about my Alzheimer's Night Out a few months ago, right? Well, a reader (and one of my very dear friend's father) sent me a bootleg copy of Valentine's Day so I could see the end. Isn't that awesome? I got to see it and I loved it!! So thank you very much, FS, for reading the blog and answering my burning questions about the movie!!

I've had a few disappointments too:

1. OPRAH - For the love of all that is good in this world, I want to be on your show. I even signed a "No Phone Zone" pledge despite the fact that my drive to work is my most productive time on the phone. PLEASE get me tickets. I'm starting to lose my faith in you. Don't make me give up on you.

2. Kevin Bacon Project - I heard that Kevin has Google alerts for his name, so I challenged him to leave me a comment on my blog, but to no avail. Bummer.........

But, I'm always thinking ahead.... looking ahead... what else can I get going on here?

1. Jen Lancaster, if you are out there, please read my blog and leave me a comment. I want to be a writer just like you (but write about my own crazy life).

2. OPRAH - Again, c'mon, sister. What do I have to do?

3. Anyone related to the musical "Rock of Ages" - can you get us backstage for my b-day trip? I want pictures and autographs with the cast. Somehow I feel that sitting on the third row and possible getting spritzed by Constantine's sweat may not be enough for me to experience.

4. Free shit - anyone got any? I want some.......

So I guess I'll keep this blog up and going and we'll see what happens.... Please leave me some comments and ideas about what I can do to make my wishes become reality!!

2 comments:

nikki said...

i just read your blog from start to finish and i love it! How can we both be so awesome and not be friends? It was an absolute pleasure meeting you at the book signing and I cant wait to hear about more of your adventures! PS I love that you think Im "blog worthy", is that a bad thing?

Mo said...

I don't know, Nikki, I think we should be friends!! I'm working on my Friday night blog entry as we speak..... :) MO