Saturday, April 3, 2010

Charter Member of the Nicholas Sparks's Fan Club

I think I've made it pretty clear about how I feel about the formulaic Nicholas Sparks. I've addressed in my blogs about his movies "Nights in Rodanthe" and "Dear John." Say what you will, but I'm on to something with my Nicholas Sparks formula.

I know there is a new Nicholas Sparks movie out called "Last Song." But hear me now and believe me later, I'm not going to see it. I KNOW what happens without having ever read the book or seen the movie. If you have seen the movie, click on the above links and apply the formula. I dare you to tell me I am wrong.

I have a wonderful friend Bronwyn, who I enjoy seeing movies with. She is like my cerebral friend, so we see documentaries and Angelika-type films together. She plays on the winning trivia team for our local trivia contest... and I have to admit I'm a little jealous by her intellect. She's even asked me to be on her team, but I'm scared that she may realize I'm not up to her level and discontinue the friendship. Just kidding.... (well, maybe not?!?!)

Anyways, she sent me an incredible link from a blog that shows how movies would have ended had they been Nicholas Sparks films. I laughed out loud reading it, it was too funny. Linda Holmes, I love you. You are so right!!

If you are curious to see how The Karate Kid, When Harry Met Sally, Pretty Women, Grease, The Titanic, The Breakfast Club, or Hot Tub Time Machine might have ended if they went through the Nicholas Sparks filter, click here. Great blog!!

Let me know what you think!!

1 comment:

Bronwyn said...

I am so glad I could add something to your blog. I feel priviledged and almost famous. It was definitely a laugh out loud blog--and it takes a lot to make me laugh out loud! So glad I can be your 'cerebral' friend....and you are welcome on the winning trivia team any time!!!!