Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Xanadu

Last night, I got to go see Xanadu at the Dallas Summer Musicals. I truly loved it!! I loved it so much, that I bought tickets and I'm going again to see it on Sunday!!

Three years ago, I went to NYC in the summer and wanted to see Xanadu on Broadway. Unfortunately, the lead actor Sonny fell and broke his femur during rehearsals and had to leave the show. They went with a new actor, so they pushed back the opening date, so it didn't coincide with my trip. I was crushed.

(A little Rock of Ages trivia for you: The original Sonny was James Carpinello, who plays Stacee Jaxx in ROA. The original Clio/Kira was Kerry Butler, who just finished a run as Sherrie on ROA. I can't wait to see Rock of Ages - two months and five days until I am on the third row!!)

Anyways... Xanadu was awesome!! The cast was great, the show was laugh out loud funny, the music was fun (I kept catching myself singing along). As soon as I left, I called D (my theatre buddy) and notified her that we would be going to this show. I've also ordered the original movie and soundtrack as well as the Broadway soundtrack from Amazon. Can't wait!!

I think one of the neatest things about this show is that part of the audience sits on the stage. You actually become part of the show. It looks so fun!! I tried to get our tickets to be on the stage, but it wasn't available.

On a side note, no Roland and Sylvia at this show either. I hope they will be there for Little House on the Prairie or Wicked. I miss them. As a matter of fact, Tuesday was not crowded at all!! Lots of empty seats - lots of people that missed out on that 80's goodness!!

Next up: Little House on the Prairie on May 18th (Melissa Gilbert is now Ma.... everyone is getting older!!)

No comments: