Friday, April 30, 2010

Hit Me With Your Best Shot, Pat Benatar.... cannot wait until August 12th!

I love the 80's. Love them. The hair, the clothes, the music. The lack of technology (though we thought we were so advanced then.)

My principal friend Laura and I have a blast together. We are close in age and just get along really well. We also have an infinity for all things 80's. We enjoyed quality concerts together (Rick Springfield, Cheap Trick/Poison/Def Leppard) and other outings (Denis Leary). She and I will be rooming together in NYC - we just do well together!!

Last August, we went to the Starplex (Superpages.com Amphitheater, but it will always be the Starplex to me!) to see Cheap Trick/Poison/Def Leppard. It was an incredible way to start the school year. I love Poison and it was good to see Bret (especially since he's hit a rough patch as of late). But Def Leppard ROCKED. I couldn't talk the next day at all from singing and screaming.

So I found us an 80's August Concert to start the next school year. It's Pat Benatar at House of Blues. I love House of Blues and we had a BLAST seeing Rick there in October '08. We invited our other principal friends, Cyndy and Kathy (who are also children of the 80's). We have another teacher friend joining us, so it will be so much fun. I cannot wait.

Trivia - We all know that "Video Killed The Radio Star" was the first video on MTV? What was the second? Pat Benatar's "You Better Run!"

As with each concert, I work on my list of what I need to hear to get my money's worth. Here is my "Essential Pat:"

1. Love is a Battlefield - Have you seen the video? The end.
2. Hit Me With Your Best Shot - great song - and it reminds me of my favorite musical, Rock of Ages.
3. We Belong - I love this song!!
4. Heartbreaker
5. Shadows of the Night
6. Invincible

I know that 80's people probably would like to play new music, but we really just want to hear the old stuff.

So Pat, don't be a Heartbreaker - play Mo's Essentials... and it will be a great night!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

suki here -- have you ever seen Pat live? She is amazing. Saw her for the first time ever a few years ago at Billy Bob's and it was one of the best shows I had been to in a long time. She's still got those pipes. My guess is that you won't be disappointed. :)

Mo said...

No, I haven't, Suki. I'm excited and can't wait until August!! How are you? Hope you are well!! :) MO