Sunday, April 25, 2010

Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang..... LIVE!

So last night, I went to the Verizon Theatre (formerly Nokia - why do they always keep changing names?) to see Chelsea Handler. After the pretty long, stressful and generally crappy week I had, it was great to go and LAUGH.

Sarah, Danyielle and I decide to start the evening with dinner at Smashburger in Addison. Omigod - it was soo yummy!! I had the BBQ burger with the Smash fries. It was delicious!! I will go there again and I highly recommend it! Our highlight though was as we were leaving, we saw an SUV that looked like an episode of Hoarders - there was stuff piled high everywhere, leaving just enough room to sit and drive. I would be afraid if you took a corner too hard, something might take your head off!

We finish up dinner and then head to the Verizon. About a mile before our exit, traffic just stops. Apparently there was also horse racing going on at Lone Star park. So the two miles took like 25 minutes. We finally get parked and get inside. We decide to get a drink, the line for beverages took another 25 minutes.

Brad Cohen was the warm up act. We missed part of his show because we were getting drinks. He was funny!!

But Chelsea was hysterical. She did comedy from her book "Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang" and talked about all others kinds of things. She loves her the profanity (which doesn't bother me), which made some things funnier.

The only bad part was the guy I was sitting next to. He was using my cup holder for his spit cup and he did it throughout the show. It was so gross. He also sat with his legs spread open (over into my seat area) so that they were pushing against my legs (which were definitely on top of the seat in my area), which was pissing me off.

Loved the show, loved Chelsea, would recommend it if you have the chance to see her in person!! Great time had by all!!

No comments: