Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Phantom of the Opera


I'm so excited - my Dallas Summer Musicals season has begun. Granted, it was a little funny that it began in February... on a day where it snowed in the DFW metroplex, but my season has begun nonetheless.
I started off by meetins Sarah at PF Changs for dinner - yummo!! You know what irritates me? It's cold as all get out, so PF Changs has complimentary valet (which isn't really complimentary because you have to tip), but they take the 8-10 spots right in front of the restaurant. So the valet is only going like 15-20 feet with the car. Leave the spots closest to the restaurant for people who are parking their own cars!! But the Beef Lo Mein and Kung Pao Chicken made up for my frustration.
I headed down to Fair Park. Last season, I had someone to go with, but this season, I'm going at it alone. Again. I get to Fair Park, park and go in. I was sad to see Roland and Sylvia weren't there, but they often trade tickets, so maybe they weren't able to go last night.
This is the last time Phantom will be touring in Dallas, so it was great to get the opportunity to see it. It was a fabulous show - the set and special effects were awesome. The actors were fabulous - the Phantom had the best voice. I really, really enjoyed it and was so glad that I got to see it!!
I can't wait... next up is Xanadu in April!! Let the Dallas Summer Musicals season begin!!

No comments: