Saturday, February 20, 2010

Pre-Alzheimer's Girls Night Out

So, tonight I decide to go to dinner and to go see "Valentine's Day" the movie with Heidi and Caren. Heidi picks me up and we head to the mall. We decide that dinner at The Cheesecake Factory will be awesome. Since we are eating there, we decide to use the valet because it's free with your receipt. I run up and get us on the waiting list..... Heidi and Caren get the car parked.

We wait an HOUR to eat, by then we are so famished, it's like an afterschool special for eating disorders. She brings the basket of bread, then in the time it would take to snap fingers, all you see are crumbs. Wow......

We get done eating, pay our bill, and leave. (Ed.'s note: We forgot to get the receipt so we could have free valet, but don't realize this until we are settled in the theatre.)

We start watching the opening previews, which are stupid movies to which I make a fake laugh at the conclusion. Heidi tells me I'm being an ass. (Ed.'s note: I'm okay with being an ass. I'm often accused of much worse.)

We are plugging along with the movie, when I look at my phone (Facebook addiction) and realize it's 10:55. The valet closes at 11. The movie isn't over. We've just gotten to the part where Shirley MacLaine comes to the cemetary to look for Hector Elizondo.

What do we do? We have to leave. We have no choice. We have no car otherwise.

10:56: Take the escalator down from the theatre to the second floor of the mall. See the escalators are closed and blocked off to get to the first floor. Run to elevator and hit button.

10:57: Elevator car passes us by. We panic and start running for the door. I have a moment of brillance and cut through Barnes & Noble so my fat ass can ride the escalator down. Caren and Heidi head out the door to go outside to take the stairs down. (Ed.'s note: I should get points for having such clarity...... I'm just saying....)

10:58: I run through Barnes and Noble like a madwoman, calmly ride down the escalator, then run out the door. I swear they thought I was trying to shoplift something......

10:59: I run outside, and am the first one there. I yell at the valet guy, Caren comes running over, then Heidi trails. We pay too much for the valet because everyone is throwing money at them.

11:00: We are safely in Heidi's car heading home. Due to my large salad and my burst of athletic activity, I'm a bit gassy. I need to get home FAST.

Needless to say, we were cliffhung at the movie. Do Shirley MacLaine and Hector Elizondo find each other? Does the little boy give his flowers to the girl? Do Jennifer Garner and Ashton Kutcher get together? Do Jessica Biel and Jamie Foxx get together? Does Eric Dane get some gay action? Do the teenagers do it or not? And is Julia Roberts the little boy's mother? Does Anne Hathaway keep doing phone sex?

So many unanswered questions, please share what you know so I can have some closer for this movie.

Mo's Review:
Valentine's Day (2010): unable to rate due to missing the ending

1 comment:

Keelie said...

this is too funny! Sorry but I haven't seen the movie...