Monday, February 1, 2010

Let's Talk About Weight (Watchers)!!

After doing Weight Watchers for two weeks, here are some of my random thoughts about losing weight:

  • So, today was my second weigh-in for WW. This week, I was more consistant on the program and it showed, I lost 3.8 lbs. Last week, I lost 1.8 pounds, which was good because I didn't really start until the weekend, so I'd only been on it a day or two. So my total for the first two weigh-ins is 5.6 lbs!
  • I told myself if I lost at least 2 pounds, I could drive through Wendy's and get some french fries to go with my dinner. Aren't I a sick puppy, rewarding myself with food that is counterproductive to my goal? I was pumped about the loss, so no Wendy's for me tonight!!
  • Then I look at the weight loss milestones, and some of them have to do with food too!! It's so hard losing weight!! You can't cut it out of your life, you HAVE to eat! But so much of our social time is centered around food.... let's go out to eat, let's grab a bite, girls lunch, etc. It really becomes a challenge.
  • What will I do about this? I'm going to redo my milestone treats and take food out of it.
  • I wish I had a chef or someone who just put the food in front of me and said this is all I can eat for the meal, day, etc. I think I would do much better. I'm not sure I was every really taught about balanced diet, I just ate what my mom put on my dinner plate.
  • I'm doing better with eating, now I need to work on my water, vitamins, and a bit more exercise. One thing at a time!!

I've got to keep telling myself, "This isn't a diet. It's a lifestyle." Albeit a lifestyle without Coldstone Creamery or Wendy's French Fries. :::sigh:::

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"If you don't have anything nice to say, come sit by me."
Dorothy Parker

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.