Sunday, February 14, 2010

L.A. Candy by Lauren Conrad

I guess one good thing that can be said about this weekend locked indoors with myself, lamenting Valentine's Day, is that I'm getting some reading done. I finished Brad Cohen's book last night, started this one last night, and just finished it. Not too shabby.

Of course, when the book is written for a teen audience, it goes down pretty smooth.

I LOVED the Hills. When LC left, I chose to grow up, act my age, and quit watching it. I'm glad it did, because I felt like I left the show on an upbeat note. Reading this book made me realize how much I do miss LC. And how frickin' jealous that I am that this 20-something can write a New York Best Times Seller and I can't.

This is a story about Jane, who becomes the star of a "reality" show on PopTV, along with her best friend Scarlett. She navigates love, work, and being a grown up in the big city. Amazingly, some people aren't who they seem to be and she finds that she can be a bit too trusting......

That wasn't a stretch for Lauren to write, was it? But it's a fun, fast, easy read.... and makes me sad that my 20's were very different. Actually, it doesn't make me sad. It makes me relieved.

Mo's Review:
"L.A. Candy" by Lauren Conrad, (2009, 324 pages): 4 out of 5 Stars

No comments: