Saturday, May 29, 2010

Crazy Heart (2009)

I was so excited to see this movie - I cannot tell you how many times I tried to see it at the movies. Things just kept getting in the way. So tonight, I decided to be domestic and I had Heidi and Caren come over. I cooked dirty rice and cornbread, then we sat down to watch this movie.

Jeff Bridges plays Bad Blake, a country star on his way out. He needs a break, but his hard boozin' and hard livin' life has him kind of down on his luck. He's travelling around, playing dives (like bowling alleys) for a little bit of money. Bad actually opens up for a country singer he brought up, Tommy Sweet (Colin Farrell). He meets Jean (Maggie Gyllenhaal), a reporter who wants to interview him. They fall in love and have a fling until something happens.

The event changes his life forever, but in a good or bad way? You'll have to see the movie to find out.

I loved this movie, it was worth the wait. But it was hard to watch Jeff Bridges look like this - I prefer to remember him and how he looked in "Against All Odds." Now that is a good looking man!!

Mo's Review:
Crazy Heart (2009): 4 out of 5 stars

No comments: