Sunday, May 16, 2010

Friends

This weekend our friend Big G (aka Lori) came to visit. Big G used to teach with me in Frisco before she moved to Houston and before I went into administration. She was supposed to come last May and visit, but there was a lot going down on this end, so the trip got cancelled. So I think we were all eager to get back together and catch up about old times.

G came in town Friday and stopped by my school. She got to see our talent show and spend some time talking to our librarian as she has an interest in becoming a librarian. She then met a friend for a drink while D and I went to the reception for our new superintendent.

We hooked up again for dinner and Kim was able to meet us too. We spent almost 4 hours at the restaurant.... laughing, talking, telling stories, remembering the past, contemplating the future. I'm so lucky to have friends like that, even when we don't talk daily or weekly (or even monthly), that we can come back together and it's just like when we all lived and worked together.

Saturday, we met up for "Date Night" (click to read my review). I had some errands and other things I had to get down, so we went our separate ways for the rest of the afternoon. That night, Kristen was able to join us and we went to eat at Tillman's Roadhouse down in the Bishop Arts District. Have you been there? It's easy to get to and it was so much fun!!

I had a couple prickly pear margaritas (which I highly recommend!) and we had an appetizer with a bunch of different fries (sweet potato, Idaho russet, and Peruvian purple) with seasonings and sauces to match. Yummo!! For dinner, I had the chicken fried steak (not a huge flat steak, but rather cuts of real steak that was chicken fried - delicious!), braised green beans and white cheddar mac'n'cheese. It was awesome. Here's my prickly pear margarita:

For dessert, we had S'mores. Homemade graham crackers, three kinds of marshmallows (orange, maple and coffee) and chocolate. You can see we had to roast our own marshmallows. It was soo good!
Again, we are sitting their talking, catching up until we are asked to leave because there are reservations waiting for our table. So up we went and headed home.
I'm blessed to have the friends I have and I'm grateful to have such a great weekend (I really needed that pick me up!) I LOVE my friends!!

No comments: