Friday, May 28, 2010

My Surprise Birthday at Work!

Today is exactly one month before I turn 40. I turn on the street that my school is one and I start driving down the road. There are several signs, including this one:

I suddenly realize that my staff is celebrating my birthday! I figured they were still angry and hurt from the announcement on Wednesday, but apparently not. There were 40's everywhere. Here's the door to my office:
All of the footprints around my office each have a year that I've been alive, so there were 40 of them. How cute!! The inside of my office was full of 40's everywhere too. I couldn't believe how much work went into my day.
Each team gave me 40 of something: dollar bills, blow pops, candy, sharpies, pit balls, dog biscuits for Maude.... it was so cute. They had a delicious potluck lunch for me that was so yummy. And then they ended the day after school with a cake. A Walmart cake - white with white buttercream - my favorite!!
I'm so lucky to have such a great staff to work with - I sure will miss them and their creativity!! They started off my 40th birthday celebration with a BANG!! Next in the celebration - our trip to NYC on June 16th.
I love turning 40!!!

No comments: