Thursday, May 27, 2010

Sex and the City (2010)

I have been waiting for this movie for MONTHS. We leave for NYC in a few weeks and are excited about going on the SATC Tour. But boy was I disappointed.....

I bought tickets about 6 weeks ago at Studio Movie Grill for a group of 12 to go see it. We were all pumped. We can go, have a few drinks, and just love being with the girls.

So that day of the movie, Kim and I decide to go early to get seats. I snuck out of school early, got my hair cut, then headed home to freshen up. It had been field day so I was kinda gross. Kim picks me up and we get there at 5 (movie starts at 7). I was expecting a long line of waiting, but there is NO ONE. We are able to go in and get seats, we sit in the center row, great seats. Then we ordered some drinks and queso and waited. Slowly the girls trickled in as well as two of my Facebook "virtual" friends who I was meeting for the first time. It was hysterical how few guys were there and how much fun you could tell all of the girls were having.

When the opening credits start, the theatre goes crazy. The first 30 minutes were truly the best part of the movie. Stanford and Anthony get married, which was hysterical. They were in NYC, which is like the fifth character to the show.

Then they get some far fetched idea to go to Abu Dabai. That's when the movie went south. Who cares about the dessert? And seriously, wearing Chanel to ride a camel? That's a bit far fetched. And 8000 miles from home you run into Aidan (who looked exceptionally hot)?

It was 2.5 hours long and I kept looking at my watch the last 45 minutes. The only reason that I'm giving it 4 stars is because it is Sex and the City and it was good to see the girls again. Even if it was ridiculous.

IF there is a third movie, STAY IN NEW YORK CITY!! Otherwise, I won't be watching it!!

Mo's Review:
Sex and the City 2 (2010): 4 out of 5 stars

No comments: