Monday, May 3, 2010

Skin Rash Gone Wild!!

As you know, I've been fighting this gross skin infection/rash/whatever-in-the-hell-it-is for a few weeks now. It hasn't been getting better - it's actually been getting worse. It moved from itching to painful.

I was supposed to go the big Job Fair in Arlington today (and I needed to, I'm looking for a couple of positions), but I had had enough, so I went back to the doctor.

When the doctor walks in and asks me how I'm doing, I start crying. I tell her how bad it hurts and I show her the rash. I think my reaction may have freaked her out just a bit.

She decides to take three biopsies of it, one on my forearm, one on my chest, and one on my shoulder. They numb me up, which hurts. The first biopsy I'm fine. The second one, it hurts soo bad (even with the numbing), I throw up!! And the last one, I look down and see the blood, then I faint.

I wake up sprawled out on the exam table. They give me some water and tell me that they want to give me a steroid shot and they want to send me off to do blood work. So, I drop my sweat capris and get a nice big shot in the ass. Which is great, because I already feel like I've been through the wringer.

They write my 'scripts for the blood work, then she wants me to get this stuff to soak in each night, and some strong steroid cream. She nonchantly mentions that if I start to grow hair where I apply the cream, I should stop using it immediately. (Really, ya think!?!?!)

I leave, running to the lab for bloodwork. Since I hadn't fasted, I had to schedule an appointment the next morning. Great, more fun.

I was going to go back to work, or go to a movie, or get a pedicure..... but after all the trauma, I went home, got my basset hound and crawled up in bed and slept the afternoon away. Until it was time to do my soak. And my cream.

I'm ready to figure out what the heck is going on with me!!

No comments: