Friday, January 4, 2013

As the break winds down......

Just Saturday and Sunday separate me from going back to work.  I have to be honest and say that I'm not really excited about going to work.  Maybe once I get there, it'll energize me and I can get pumped up.  But I can say (with strong conviction) that it will not become the center or the priority of my life.

This break has been wonderful.  It started with not much time before Christmas and a lot to do.  I had the chance to go to Dallas and spend time with my family.  My Mom is doing well from her last surgery and I'm glad to know that the worst is behind her.  She looks good and feels pretty good, so that is awesome.

Celebrating with my Dad was special.  This has been a long road - he went into the hospital last January 6 and has been dealing with illness since then.  His partial remission and his continued strength is inspirational.

I pray for health for both of my parents this year.

As a kid, you think you parents are invincible.  They can do anything, they know everything and they will live forever.  As you get older, you realize that they can do MOST anything, they know ALMOST everything and they WON'T live forever. 

Take time to tell the people you love that you love them, call a friend or family member you've been thinking about but haven't touched base with them.  Hop in the car for a visit.  Send a card through the snail mail.  Cherish those people who love you unconditionally for you.

This second week of break has been more reflective.  I embarked upon my happiness project, read some books, did a few projects around the house - however, I still have a lot to do in the next two days!!  But you know what, if it doesn't get done, it'll be okay.  I am allowed to not be perfect.

REPEAT:  I am allowed to not be perfect.

Sunday, I'll be posting a progress report of my first week of the happiness project.  Can't wait to see how it's going and my commitment for next week.

Stay happy!
:) Mo

No comments: