Saturday, January 12, 2013

Gangster Squad (2012)

One of my goals is to see a movie each week.  Today I took a break from Maude's steriod induced potty party and joined Lisa and Kelly to see Gangster Squad.

I'm really excited to see this movie.  I love Josh Brolin.  I think he is uber sexy.  I don't like Ryan Gosling.  I loved The Notebook, but not Ryan Gosling.  I loved Crazy, Stupid Love, but not Ryan Gosling.

I can say after this movie, I might like Ryan Gosling.  It was a lot of violence, but it was a good story.  Sean Penn was interesting, I think he played his character a little bit over the top and it didn't really work well.  I love Emma Stone, but she was underutilized.

Almost as much fun as the movie were the previews for new movies starring Sylvester Stallone and Arnold Schwarzenegger.  Stallone has some great lines!

Will Gangster Squad win an Oscar?  Probably not....  But is it a fun way to spend a Saturday afternoon?  Absolutely!!

Mo's Review:
"Gangster Squad" (2012): 4 out of 5 stars

No comments: