Saturday, January 19, 2013

Warning: Purging Can Be Addictive!!

I believe that sometimes we can feel burdened by all of the physical possessions that we have.  And people, I have a lot of stuff.  Crap, actually.  Junk, even.

During the Christmas break, I went through my bedroom closet and purged 8 trash bags - some was trash, some was Goodwill donations and one bag was consignment.  It felt good to clear that crap out.  I had a shirt that was 20 years old and I probably haven't worn it in like 10 years.  Why do I have it? 

My sister is on her way to visit for the weekend.  My guest room hasn't been used for guests in a while, so it had become a crap repository.  Christmas crap, bag of books to sell at Half Price Books, and empty gift bags and tissue paper.  I cleaned out this guest room closet - I got about 3 trash bags full of stuff.  I went through a soap making phase..... and a phase where I put buttons on EVERYTHING.  All of it - now GONE.

With each bag I dump, I feel a little lighter.  I like throwing stuff away - it's like a little high each time I filled a bag.  It's kind of addictive....

My next project is to clean out my drawers, but that may have to wait for Spring Break.  By the end of the year, I'm hoping to have shed all of my extra crap so that whatever life has in store for me, I'm ready.

Stay happy - and start purging all of your crap - physical and mental!
:) Mo

No comments: