Sunday, January 20, 2013

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

I am a book nerd.  I own this.  As my sister says, I devour books.  I could be content reading books 24/7.

Our Book Club met last week.  In true book nerd form, I put together a list of books that I was interested in reading for next month.  This book was created from books on my wishlist, books on my shelf and recommendations from others.  I will read every book on this list, but I thought if one could count as my Book Club read, I'd get double bang for my buck.

While we chose "Julia's Chocolates," I like to read the book closer to the meeting date.  So I selected one of the other books on my list, "The Fault in Our Stars" by John Green.  It has received some incredible recommendations and awards this year.

It's a Young Adult book, so it's a quick and easy read.  What a great book!  It's the story of young love, sickness, health, friendship and coming to terms with all of it.  At times I laughed out loud, sometimes I teared up, other times I just shook my head.  The story of Hazel and Gus is heartwrenching, heartbreaking and at times, absolutely hilarious.

So I'd say the first pick off of my proposed book list was a great read - I'd say I'm a pretty good book selector! 

Enjoy!!


Mo's Review:
"The Fault in Our Stars" by John Green (2012, 313 pages): 4 out of 5 stars

No comments: