Sunday, January 6, 2013

Week One of the Positivity Challenge - How Am I Doing?

Last Monday, I embarked upon my own personal "Happiness Project."  I set 6 goals for the month of January.  Let's see how I'm doing.....

1.  Blog regularly - 5 or 6 times a week
          PROGRESS - Last week I blogged 5 times - goal met!!

2.  Read Daily
          PROGRESS  - I read daily, but tonight is going to be my first night with my 9 PM DEAR (drop everything and read time).  I'm excited!!

3.  Book Club
          PROGRESS - I am finishing up my book and we meet on Thursday night. Can't wait to see what we chose to read next!

4.  Gratitude Journal
          PROGRESS - I've journalled daily in my gratitude journal - it's been a great way to either start or end the day.  I like finding something positive and reflecting on it.  I think this will be really helpful when the stress and disillusionment of work tries to creep into my life.

5.  Movies
          PROGRESS - Last Sunday I saw "Django Unchained" and today I curled up on the couch and watched "10 Years."  Both were good movies - but very different.....

6.  Social Outings
          PROGRESS - I had two outings this week, dinner on Thursday night and lunch on Friday.  Both with friends and both a lot of fun.  (I already have one down for this week as I had lunch with a friend today.)

I think I can say that the first week was a success!!  Tomorrow I go back to work and the challenge begins - how to balance my job with ME.  I hope that when I report in next week I can be as successful as I've been this week.

So what have you done this past week to make your life a happier place?  It's not too late to make a change!

Stay happy!
:) Mo

No comments: