Saturday, January 30, 2010

The Kevin Bacon Project

As you may know, my blog has had a few brushes with celebrity. I blogged about Katherine Center's novel and she left me a comment. I've blogged about the "Sex and the City" tour in NYC and got a code to get 20% off when we go in June. That's pretty awesome!!

I've also had some failures. My repeated attempts to channel Oprah have gone unanswered and though I rave about "Rock of Ages" - Constantine, James Carpinello, Mitch Jarvis, or Adam Dannheisser have ignored me.... but I'm coming to see you on June 18th despite that - third row, nonetheless!!

So a friend of mine told me she was watching an interview with Kyra Sedgwick, Kevin Bacon's wife. He has his name on Google alerts, if his name comes up, he gets a message. So I thought I'd write a blog about Kevin Bacon and see if I can get any kind of response from him.

My Kevin Bacon memories go back to 1982, when I saw Footloose and fell in love. I got the soundtrack on a cassette tape and I played this cassette tape ad nauseum around my house. Every Herbie I saw on the road, I thought it might be Wren looking for me so we could dance.

I also enjoyed Kevin Bacon in Flatliners. He was kind of ass in that roll and we all know I like a good ass. (Or was Keifer the ass in the movie? I can't remember... I have it on VHS, but no VHS player.) Unfortunately, Kevin's talent was subdued by the Keifer Sutherland "NOOOOOOOO" yell that he does in movies. It's very powerful, if you haven't heard it.

Sleepers was another Kevin Bacon movie that made me sad. He was such a bad guy, he deserved to get shot by Ron Eldard. You reap what you sow, Sean Nokes.

One of my favorite Kevin Bacon movies is Mystic River. God, I love that movie. He was so good in that movie as the childhood friend who has to help investigate his childhood friend's daughter's murder.

Okay, so Kevin.... has the Google alert brought you to me? If so, leave me a comment. Let's see if I can have another brush with celebrity.......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What about Taking Chance? Excellent HBO production.

Mo said...

I have not seen that. I will watch that if it will help my chance of Kevin Bacon responding to my blog!!