Sunday, January 24, 2010

True Colors by Kristin Hannah

I seem to be reading a lot more when I don't put the pressure on myself to read 50 books. It's January 24 and I'm about to start my fifth book for the year - woo hoo!!

I discovered Kristin Hannah last Spring Break, when I read her "Firefly Lane" in two days. The last 100 pages I was curled in bed reading, crying my ugly cry. It was such a good book. I've passed it to everyone when I think they need a good book to read.

So "True Colors" had a lot to live up to. And I'm glad to report that it did. While I didn't cry reading this book, I did let Tivo record several of my shows so I could continue reading the story of the Grey family. And when I pick a book over Project Runway and the Real Housewives of Orange County, you know I've got a winner!!

"True Colors" is the story about the three sisters of the Grey family, Winona, Aurora and Vivi Ann. It's a story of deceit, anger, jealousy, resentment, prejudice, and cruelty. It is also a story of love, never giving up, sisterly bonds, and hope. The story begins when the girls are teenagers and ends when they are middle-aged women.

I highly recommend this book, it was a book that was hard to put down at times. You wanted to know what was going to happen next. It was just released in paperback, so the price is right, go out and get it and start reading!

Mo's Review:
"True Colors" by Kristin Hannah, (2009, 491 pages): 5 out of 5 Stars

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your book reviews...celebrity baiting and celebrity stalking...write about your kindle are you reading mostly on it or buying books????just curious. love the blog...even though I am not a celeb

Mo said...

I read about 50/50 with Kindle/actual books. Some books are loaned to me, some I buy cheap, and some I load on my Kindle. Thanks for your comment!