Thursday, January 14, 2010

Nanny Returns by Emma McLaughlin and Nicola Kraus

This was a fun and easy read - it's the sequel to "The Nanny Diaries." Nan is grown up, married, and coming back to NYC after travelling the world with her husband's job. She reconnects with Citrine, an old high school friend, who has married well and is moving into the the same building as the "X's," Nan's former employer.

Nan has started a consulting firm and takes a job with the prestigious Jarndyce school, and she ends up having Grayer return in her life. In comical (and sometimes sad) fashion, she finds herself in the middle of the X's affairs... What happens? You'll have to read to find out.

I knocked this out in a couple of days and as I said, it's a nice and easy read. It made me laugh, it irritated me, and it made me feel sorry for Grayer at times.

Mo's Review:
"Nanny Returns" by Emma McLaughlin and Nicola Kraus, (2009, 305 pages): 4 out of 5 Stars

No comments: