Sunday, January 17, 2010

Oprah, why you do me like that??

Dear Oprah,

Why you do me like that? This week, I get my February Oprah magazine, pull out my ticket give a way card to see if I won a trip to your Live Your Best Life weekend in NYC. My hands shake as I type my code in the blank, hoping that maybe this will be the time you don't reject me. I hit enter and sigh as I see the rejection once again. You are sorry that I didn't win, really? Or are you just being polite?

Oprah, I'm one of your biggest fans. Let me state my case:

Oprah Magazine? subscriber
Oprah Book Club Books? read every one from cover to cover
Movies that you recommend? I've seen them all!
20th Anniversary DVDs? Watched them over and over.....
Oprah Show? Tivo it daily

Speaking of the Oprah show, I've been trying to get tickets to this show for the past three years. When you had the phone number, I called for hours (and made my aunt and secretary call too) and never once got in. I cried one day because I spent 6 hours dialing and all I got was either a busy tone or an "all circuits busy." This season you are doing the online lottery. Each time it opens, I faithfully enter and each time, I get a nice rejection e-mail.

I've even replied to a show topic, getting as far as having a producer call me and interview me. Then nothing. Silence. Rejection.

If you recommend music, I buy it. I try to do what Dr. Oz says, I wish that Nate could decorate my place. I used to try and buy some of your favorite things when you did that show.

Oprah, I don't know what else I can do to show my devotion to you. I'm an educator, does that help my cause? I'm turning 40 in June and just want to Live My Best Life - which would include seeing one of your shows.

Before your show ends in 2011, I pray that I get to make the pilgrimmage to Chicago to see your show. I know I'd make a great audience member. I'd be on time, I'd leave my camera and cell phone at the hotel, I'd wear bright colored clothes and I would smile, laugh, and clap at the right times. I would cry if needed.

Please, Oprah??? Puhlease???

Thanks,
:) MO

No comments: